Air and water pollution control., FX Trading, Macroeconomics

Tuesday 29 January 2008

Fluorine in drinking water supplies – new madness obsesses Bulgaria!

Everything is possible in my little country – even to mass killing of the citizen. What I mean? These days have become an interesting offer from Bulgarian Medical Association. This folks want to put fluorine in the drinking water supplies for prevention from teeth caries. In all big Bulgarian towns!!!
As a chemist I know the fluorine is a one of most reactive element from all table of elements, it is a toxic and could do harm of the human body.
What is the argument of the BMA? At first – for prevention, but here in Bulgaria drinking water is come from water sources with high concentration of fluorine. So adding new one is a little bit unduly. Second argument is a hidden of course – realizing of this program need money and execution companies. The program costs 16 million leva or 8 million euro. Good amount of money I think…
Actually when I search in the internet I have found some articles for fluorine, and about experience of other EU countries with this. I have seen that this practice is totally outcast as incorrect and with unverified effect over the teeth health status. Except that the fluorine is a poison and operator should have gain the special license to work with it.
On purpose I had not mention about the problem with water pollution. To tip in clean water poison is a simple stupid for me.

0 comments: